I can’t resist this. Associated Press -LA Times Business Section today.
33% of CEOs expect to cut jobs. 91% of all CEOs surveyed said they expect sales to hold or increase. If you’re a sales manager or sales person, you’d better invest to get your A-Game going. Otherwise read my article: “Getting Hired Is a Full Time Sales Job”. Here is why.
The stock market - an indicator of future business - is tumbling. The unemployment rate rose from 5% in April to 5.5% in May. Inflation is on the rise with higher food and oil prices. (However, they say everything else is OK. What else is there to buy that the masses can afford?) Housing is in the dirt. Auto sales are tanking because no one can afford to buy fuel economy cars and no one can sell the gas guzzlers they have.
The president and his staff are doing all they can to keep the economy up so that the Republicans don’t lose the election in November. Can you image what it would look like without the election year stimulus packages? Worse yet, think about what the economy will look like after January 20th.
Now you tell me - how are sales going to hold steady or increase for 91% of US major corporations? The only way I see it, is if they are selling to China and the other prosperous international markets.
Sooo, if you’re a US sales manager or sales person, you are going to have some really stiff competition for what limited sales there are. I strongly encourage you to get your “A-Selling Game” in shape and here are some tips.
1. Sign-up and Read this regular Blog - You can register here (top-left) for auto-notifications. I’m usually more focused on selling content.
2. Go to my websites for articles on all aspects of selling.
3. Sign-up for my FREE E-Books and E-Courses and TeleSeminars
4. Forward this information to your bosses, subordiantes and associates.
5. Learn form my TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER$ Books, Manuals, CDs, and Coaching.
Otherwise read my article: “Getting Hired Is a Full Time Sales Job”.